Friday, September 03, 2004

Bo, you should have seen the speech

If you only heard the speech on the radio, you certainly didn't get the full effect. As Bush came down the homestretch, talking about the strength shown by the families who have lost loved ones in 9/11 and in the War on Terror, his eyes clearly welled up and his voice softened. I'll be damned if I wasn't on the verge of sobbing like a girlie-man, right there. I knew it was effective when 'lil Ron-Ron himself praised the speech.

The message: screw these people who call me a war-monger, who accuse me of misleading us into war for some inexplicable and nonexistent political gain. Screw these people, because they have no idea what it is like to wake up every day with the weight of the world literally on their shoulders, what it is like to relive 9/11 every day.

As Kondracke said last night, Kerry looks "incredibly petty" in contrast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home