Thursday, December 09, 2004

The fight has begun

It will be fun to watch the two factions in the Democratic Party (the anti-American, pro-Michael Moore crowd and Clinton's own DLC) struggle for control in the next couple months. I believe the election for the Chair is at the end of January. It's hard to imagine someone doing a worse job than Terry McAuliffe, but I firmly believe Howard Dean sitting atop the Committee would spell disaster for the Party for a long, long time to come. Of course, I'm assuming that the party should move to the center, an assumption that seems to have little credence among the most rabid Donks, but I can't honestly imagine how a shift left would produce more votes or translate to more Senate seats, much less win back the presidency. For a discussion I had in the DI on the subject, click here.

2 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Blogger Basco said...

Good job, Bo.

BTW- I hate the name Brendan.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger MSR said...

Basco lives!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home