Thursday, November 11, 2004

Real World/Road Rules Challenge

I'm a little embarrassed to be posting this immediately after Tortfeasor's thoughtful essay below, but this little analysis of the MTV section of the pop-culture wasteland is right on. It's by the Sports Guy too. I will only say that he touches on one thing that I have always wondered about the people on these challenges: don't they have jobs? Most of them were on RR or RW somewhere between 2 and 8 years before, making them approximately 24 to 30 years old. Shouldn't they have jobs? I say this only because I seriously doubt any employer would give their employee a month off work to compete in a MTV game show, particularly one as asinine as this.

Honestly, it's somewhat depressing to watch all these former B celebs try to hang on to their glory years, but it's also fun. And Simmons is right about the homoerotic melting of the ice challenge - I happened to see that one two weeks ago, and wondered how exactly these men could look themselves in the mirror afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home