Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Gene Simmons votes for Bush

For those of you unfortunate enough not to be exposed to the freak of nature that is KISS, Gene Simmons is the blood-vomiting, tongue-wagging bassist for the group. He's a weird man, from all interviews I've seen of him, and if he wasn't grotesquely wealthy and famous, would probably be the weird uncle at the family reunion (Simmons is sex-crazed, something that becomes apparent about 15 seconds into every single TV interview I've seen).

But apparently he also has some pretty good intuition regarding the world. His quote, lifted from Yahoo! News:

"In time of war, if you go through a bad neighborhood, I don't want a little French poodle, I want a rottweiler on my hands."
-- KISS frontman GENE SIMMONS, on why he voted for U.S. President GEORGE W. BUSH over JOHN KERRY.

Indeed. Would that more rock stars displayed such sanity.

I would be remiss if I failed to mention that Gene's wife is the queen of Skinemax, Shannon Tweed, who has opened the eyes of many an adolescent male on pre-driver's-license Friday evenings.

3 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger Tortfeasor said...

The man deserves a considerable amount of respect for being married to Poison Ivy.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Bo said...

Tortfeasor, you need to get your facts in order. Jaime Pressley was Poison Ivy (at least, the most recognizable - which means "lusted after" - actress that portrayed the part, edging out Alyssa Milano and obliterating Drew Barrymore), and after that she got tired of taking off her clothes in movies and proceeded to take only non-nude parts, to the great detriment of American film.

Shannon Tweed, on the other hand, has perhaps never taken a role in which her clothes don't hit the floor at some point. She's more of an 80s/early 90s goddess, although I can't think of a movie she was in. Most of them were direct-to-video, I believe.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Tortfeasor said...

Hmmm. I really was thinking she was the original Poison Ivy -- I remembered Alyssa Milano, but thought she was number 2. And please don't tell me I missed Jaime Pressley.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home