Monday, October 25, 2004

Bush = Evil

That's basically the jist of this point/counterpoint, of which I wrote the dissenting view. The question is whether the government should fund embryonic stem cell research. Or at least, that's what I thought the question was. Turns out that the girl opposing me wrote a hit piece on Bush, conveniently disguised as a discussion on stem cell research. This wouldn't be a problem, except I actually wrote a piece on stem cells, not on Bush and Kerry, and thus come across like a declawed, neutered kitten in the argument. Which is a bunch of horseshit, since I could have at least put up a strong case for Bush and most likely eaten this girl's lunch.

I think I won the argument on merits (owing mainly to the fact that she doesn't discuss the nuances of stem cell research or even address the dissenting view except to denigrate it as Christian crackpotism), but certainly lost on partisan bashing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home