Wednesday, September 08, 2004

I'm also a racist. . .

At least, by the reckonings of this UI student (from today's DI). Of course, she is remarkably stupid, but that doesn't prevent her from slandering me. Note that I used the word "Islamism" instead of "Islam," the difference between which (post-9/11) has become clear to any but the most uninformed observer. Daniel Pipes has a nice essay on the massive differences between the two.

It's also pretty hard to write columns for a tremendously stupid audience, something that I am rapidly finding out. In Monday's DI, I got ripped by this guy for a number of things, most notably again the Islamism thing (which is indeed an ideological brother to Islam, and not a separate religion in and of itself - hence the reason I used the word "ideology" and not "religion"). Secondly, my "gene of evil" comparison was obviously a metaphor and not intended to mean that I am fully convinced that the lineage of Adolf Hitler and Osama bin Ladin is intertwined. He also gets on me for "questioning the motivations of our country," but uses the quote entirely out of context. My context was that Americans are sick of Ted Kennedy proclaiming that the Iraq war was cooked up in Texas, of the Michael Moore's claiming "blood for oil," etc. Good job in lifting those few words and grossly distorting the entire meaning of my previous six paragraphs, dumbass.

I also am getting sick of people telling the DI that they need to stop printing my writing or that I'm ruining debate or other some such. It's about as bad as when I'm accused of using "erroneous" facts, but then the writer doesn't bother to point out any erroneous facts in my column (see the Kerry/Cambodia uproar I caused a couple weeks ago).

Whatever. Sorry, just had to vent there.

2 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Tortfeasor said...

Bo, that should only fire you up even more. I love it when the self-proclaimed defenders of free speech engage in a little book-burning of their own...

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Tortfeasor said...

And one other thing: Islam is a religion of peace, yada yada.

But...WHERE ARE THE LEADERS OF THIS WONDERFUL RELIGION OF PEACE? WHY DON'T THEY UNEQUIVOCALLY AND EMPHATICALLY DENOUNCE THE TERRORISTS AMONG THEM?

Does anyone else find this a little strange?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home