Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Daschle v. Thune

Here's an interesting piece on the trouble that Tom Daschle now finds himself in up here in South Dakota. I'm not sure how much help the RNC or Republican Senatorial Committee is giving to Thune, but by all accounts I've read, it would be money well-spent.

It also seems that Daschle is one of the seedier politicians out in DC. It's one thing to implicitly admit some sort of big-city sleaze via your public lifestyle (Torricelli, who lived the fast life of models and expensive hotels, is a good example) but it's another to represent yourself as a populist when you're really not. It's been noted in several newspaper articles I've read, but Daschle's wife is a big lobbyist (with energy companies, I believe) and seems to traffic exclusively off her husband's job as a Senator. If there isn't a more despicable yet legal exploitation of democracy, then I don't know what is.

2 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger ChairmanOfTheBoard said...

Sign me up for Torricelli's lifestyle, please.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Bo said...

Chairman, I always pictured you more as an Ashton Kutcher man, what with a hat tilted sideways across your head in conferences with clients.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home