Wednesday, September 01, 2004

. . .and TWINS!!!

Nate: I'm definitely not overly concerned about how the twins played out to a national audience, and I agree that anyone who uses their performance as a tie-breaker between the two candidates probably doesn't deserve to vote. And, from reading NRO (who, even though it's a conservative website, has been critical of some speeches), apparently the e-mails posted there from middle-America didn't take the Bush twins to task - at least not like I felt they could/should have. And with the exception of Jonah, the other bloggers were generally indifferent.

Having said that, the twins sure came across as idiots. Even though I can't watch Jenna on TV without feeling desire of Clinton-esque proportions, I thought they bombed. Particularly when they were waving to their family before starting the speech, but the microphone was on and you could hear them talking to each other: "Omigod, they can't see us. Look at us!" or something like that. But then, the speech wasn't targeted at me (unless Jenna had chosen to do it nude), it was for the political-lite crowd, who just got done watching the Olympics and who likes a human element a lot more than red-meat Republicanism or policy discussion. So in that sense, perhaps they didn't do as bad as I (or the other, professional pundits) feel they did.

4 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Tortfeasor said...

Yes, I thought they were, in the words of Bill Walton, "hoooooooorrrrrrible." But I also think they are irrelevant.

Here's the way I see it--nobody changes their vote b/c of it, and most guys were turned on, so it's a net gain for everyone. Eye candy is always appreciated.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Bo said...

Indeed, I'm very pro-eye candy. In fact, why isn't that in our party platform?

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Tortfeasor said...

I'd like to give Barb some "Shock" and Jenna some "Awe."

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Tortfeasor said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home